MIOTY is a low-power, wide-area network (LPWAN) technology specifically designed for industrial IoT applications. It offers robust and efficient communication over long distances, enabling reliable data transfer even in challenging environments. MIOTY is based on the ETSI standard and uses a patented technology called telegram splitting to improve reliability and reduce power consumption.
One of the primary advantages of MIOTY is its robustness. It uses telegram splitting to split messages into multiple sub-telegrams, each of which is transmitted at a different frequency. This technique reduces the impact of interference, enabling reliable communication even in challenging environments like industrial plants and urban areas. Additionally, MIOTY can operate on unlicensed frequencies, making it an ideal choice for applications that require low-cost deployment.
Another significant advantage of MIOTY is its low power consumption. MIOTY devices can operate on a single battery for up to 10 years, making it an ideal choice for applications that require long battery life. Additionally, MIOTY supports various power-saving modes, enabling devices to conserve energy when not in use.
MIOTY also offers strong security features, which are essential for industrial IoT applications. It uses AES-128 encryption to ensure that data is secure during transmission, and it also supports various security protocols like certificate-based authentication, ensuring that data remains secure on the device.
Overall, MIOTY is a powerful LPWAN technology that has the potential to revolutionize industrial IoT applications. Its robustness, low power consumption, and strong security features make it an ideal choice for a wide range of applications, from smart agriculture to industrial automation.
Key Technical Parameters:
- Standard: ETSI TS 103 357
- Frequency band: 868 MHz (Europe), 915 MHz (US)
- Range: up to 15 km in rural areas and up to 1 km in urban areas
- Data rate: up to 512 bit/s
- Power consumption: MIOTY devices can operate on a single battery for up to 10 years
- Security: MIOTY uses AES-128 encryption and supports various security protocols like certificate-based authentication
- Backward compatibility: MIOTY devices are generally not backwards compatible with other wireless technologies